I can't make you look 18 again, but I can fix your law firm.
- My idea of a balanced diet is a chocolate bar in each hand, (makes me extra sweet to my clients)
- I work out 6 days a week (because everyone needs a rest day)
- I meditate 2x each day (I work with lawyers like you, so yes, I need to)
- Summer Fridays, but year-round
- Surfing, on the board, and when I fall off
- True Crime podcasts (I get nightmares about them)
- Stuffy people who can’t laugh at themselves
- Pumpkin spice, anything (I realize you may now be re-thinking hiring me)
- 90+ degree weather (and yes, I live in Atlanta and will continue to live here)
- Sitting at my desk and crying (or knowing my clients are sitting at their desk and crying)
An”About” page is supposed to be about me but…
I think you’re really here because you want to know if I can help YOU, and YOUR law firm. I can. I promise. If I can’t, I won’t jerk you around. I’ll be up front and refer you to someone who can.
That’s my guarantee to you. Yep, a lawyer making a guarantee. Hell has frozen over.
*No babies were harmed in the making of this website*
I am a consultant for women-owned law firms. I do this because I have worked with several consultants and coaches who can never deliver results and give consultants like me a bad rap. I believe that ethics in the consulting industry for lawyers has eroded over the years.
I am a consultant now because being a lawyer and law firm owner is something I struggled with. I kept following gimmicky advice from pretend gurus, instead of trusting my gut. I believe that respect is something that cannot be bought or sold, so I’m careful about who I affiliate with.
If you join my newsletter, please know that I will not:
- Use testimonials to convince you to work with me.
- Hire someone else to write this newsletter.
- Take your email and share with another service provider.
- Share advice that I don’t follow myself.
Disclosure on my revenue sources:
- I am a consultant who works with doctors and lawyers. I charge a fee for my services and this provides a majority of my revenue.
- I sell books about being a Type A personality, law firm growth, law firm technology, and there will be more to come in the future.
- I don’t offer anything for free: this includes guides, one-pagers, check-lists, etc. The reason is because you have no skin in the game. I do offer a podcast and youtube channel with free advice because there is horrible amounts of bad advice out there and it’s time for foundational advice.
My ethics concerns and what I have done about them:
- In 2018-2022 I had a course for law firm owners that I was selling. After creating the course and selling it, I learned about the stats from the world of online courses. There’s a 15% completion rate. This means that people who are creating courses KNOW that it doesn’t work. My course had a 85% completion rate but it didn’t feel right selling it without providing additional support to attorneys. I may create a course again, but only if I am able to provide the support required for completion.
- In 2021-2022 I tried to run a few group programs for lawyers, and I felt like it was an unsuccessful mission. I couldn’t provide the 1:1 support I was used to and it felt like I was short-changing attorneys. I stopped until I could figure out a better way to provide results that I could be proud of.
- In 2021, I made the shift to work with only women owned and minority owned law firms and lawyers. This is a personal choice and one that I stand by.
- In 2022, I was part of a national networking group and had other people join. Toward the end of 2022, I left this networking group because of concerns I had. I will not be joining another networking group.
- In 2023, I introduced sliding scale payment options for lawyers who earn less than $200,000 in revenue from their law firms. I disclose that on my website and believe in transparent pricing for my services.